Tuesday 24 April 2012

Demi Lovato Speaks on Illicit Drug Use: I Could Have Died


A couple weeks ago on Twitter, Demi Lovato bared her true face.

Now, in the pages of British magazine Fabulous, the singer is baring her soul.

Demi Lovato in Fabulous

In one of her more honest interviews to date, the 19-year old goes into detail about her pre-rehab drug use, telling the publication:

"I was depressed. I would come offstage in front of 18,000 people and suddenly be alone in a hotel room. I'd come crashing down and would try to find a way to re-create that feeling, to stay 'up.'"

And you might be shocked to learn who fueled Demi's habit.

"Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs," she said. "They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my ass."

Lovato, of course, entered a treatment facility in November 2010 and has talked since about her emotional and physical issues, citing an eating disorder and bi-polarity. But this is the first time she's really discussed any kind of substance abuse.

"Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says 'no'. That's why so many end up overdosing and dying. It could definitely have happened to me."

Instead, thank God, Demi has bounced back and her career is going strong. She performed last month on American Idol.

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/04/demi-lovato-speaks-on-illicit-drug-use-i-could-have-died/

Anna Faris Anna Friel Anna Kournikova Anna Paquin AnnaLynne McCord Anne Marie Kortright

No comments:

Post a Comment