Saturday 18 August 2012

Vanessa Bryant: I'm No Gold Digger!


Vanessa Bryant may not be a gold-digging, domineering basketball wife ... but she gave a quote earlier this week that certainly came off that way.

Regarding husband Kobe Bryant, she told New York Magazine, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

"If you're sacrificing time away from my family and myself for the benefit of winning championships, then winning a championship should happen every single year."

Yeah. Probably not the best word choice. Vanessa is now setting the record straight, clarifying to TMZ that she loves and supports Kobe, no matter what.

Kobe Bryant, Wife Vanessa Bryant

"I'm sad to hear that some of the comments in my New York Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context," says Vanessa Bryant.

"I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams. For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner.'"

"It is about our sacrifice as a family."

Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in 2000, the year he won his first NBA title, so you can't argue with her there, and she took him back after he allegedly cheated more than once. Basically you gotta cut the female Bryant some slack ... right?

Vanessa Bryant: Digging for gold?

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/08/vanessa-bryant-im-no-gold-digger/

Gabrielle Union

No comments:

Post a Comment